1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

RMC Individual string pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Aram Bedrosian, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Aram Bedrosian

Aram Bedrosian

Oct 24, 2005
    Burlington, VT
    Endorsing Artist: Ritter, DR, Jim Dunlop, Hartke
    Hello Everyone,

I would love to get some thoughts on the RMC individual piezo pickup system... Does anybody have some experience with that?

Thanks so much!

Aram

2. BobXboB

BobXboB Banned

Sep 25, 2007
    I've used them on a fretless 6 in a Wilkinson bridge. The goal was to cop an Alain Caron tone and it did it. Lot's of high end.

Apparently running a bunch of them in series deals with the impedance issues of using it passive and it works better on a 6 than a 4 according to Mr. McLish.

I eventually added a capacitor to ground to take out the glassy high end as it was just too much.

3. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    They also work great driving a Vbass and or an Axon midi converter. Much better than the ugly external hex pickups too.
    What other info are you wanting?
    Dirk

4. Aram Bedrosian

Aram Bedrosian

Oct 24, 2005
    Burlington, VT
    Endorsing Artist: Ritter, DR, Jim Dunlop, Hartke
    Thanks for the feedback.

I'm just trying to get an all-around sense of how different an experience it is from dealing with the cables to the sound, etc..

I really appreciate it!

5. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi