1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Road 440 trash find...schematic anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pauldumbell, Mar 25, 2013.

1. pauldumbell

pauldumbell

Mar 25, 2013
    Hey all,
    I'm new to this forum, let me start by saying HI! I'm lurking around here because my brother in law gave me a road 440 head that he found on the curb, and Im giving it a refurbishing, its a pretty cut and dry operation, but would be smoother if I had a schematic, and I cant seem to find one online anywhere. This amp sounds great by the way, which really was a shock to me, and a blessing because our bass player has been using a ampeg 350h, which sounds lame at best. This Road amp, even in its crippled state blows the pants off of his ampeg. Just need to replace a few faders and pots and it will be crushing all that come in its path!
    Thanks in advance
    Paul

2. Luckie

Luckie

Jan 1, 2010
    Northfield MN
    I use a 440 as my main amplifier, one of the most amazing solid-state amps I've heard. Unfortunately I can't help you with the schematic, but if you find more info please post it here, there's a small group of Road users who'd really appreciate it.
    Nice Find!

3. pauldumbell

pauldumbell

Mar 25, 2013
    Here , the schematics and layouts for the road 440 provided by a very nice guy from this forum. Thanks Billy! You rule!
    http://dumbell.de/Road_440.zip

4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Any day when I get to see gear schematics that I haven't seen before is a good day.

Wow, that's a nice clean layout, even by today's standards.

5. pauldumbell

pauldumbell

Mar 25, 2013
    Glad to be of service!

6. WarriorCustom6

WarriorCustom6

Aug 22, 2013
    i own this head and cab. I love it!!!