Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Anyone familiar with Road stuff? I remember seeing the stuff around, not that you see it anymore, but...

Does anyone know about/ use that stuff.
  2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Made in the 1970s, I think in Kansas. Solid state, most models had two channels and graphic EQs.
  3. Thanks!

Did they make mostly PA equipment or did they make bass/guitar amps as well? That was a WAY 70s logo!
  4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    They made a full line of guitar and bass amps as well as PA.
  5. I have a Raod 440 Bass. I recently made a thread about it. Heres what i said. Hello everyone,
    I bought an amp awhile ago and i was wondering if anyone else has heard of it. Its an amp from the 70's i belive, called Road 440 Bass. ITs a full stack and its about as tall as i am(im 6'5) I only use it at church because it's to big of a beast to carry around. It sounds great though, i wish i had two of them. I got it for 75 bucks which was a huge steal. I didnt work, and it only cost a few bucks to fix. So bascially i got this huge amp for under 100!!! Oh yeah and it sounds awesome!! Thats why i want another one. IT beats the amp i use to play live, and paid alot more for!!! Well if anyone has some input, it would be appreciated."
    So id really really like to get another, at least a head.
  6. Thanks for the post!

Like I said, I remember seeing the stuff around- in pictures and ads, don't recall actually seeing the stuff in person until recently...

7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

A friend of mine used a "road weary" old 2x15 Road amp and it sounded quite good in the couple of clubs where I heard him.

This guy was not a "bassist" by any stretch of the imagination, nor could he even be considered a "bass player." But he played a cheap bass through the Road and sounded good if you don't mind a "root note party" on bass.

What I'm saying is that - it wasn't my friend's "ability" nor the borrowed, cheap, bass he was was the borrowed Road amp that gave him a quite decent tone.