Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Robert Deleo's Rig

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Droog, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    So the search feature found me nothing. Do any of you know what Robert Deleo uses to get his tone? More specifically his distorted tone. I know he plays Schecter bass's but what is the rest of the chain?

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Live he uses an Alembic preamp... cant remember which... into a QSC poweramp and 3 Eden 410XLT cabs on top of 3 Eden 210XLT (could be 210T) cabs.

In the studio he's used a few different setups.

He's done the Ampeg 8-10 tuibe rig (Core), and then I think he moved on to a split signal involving a Marshal Plexi guitar amp run dirty and an Ampeg (?) Keyboard speaker cab run clean. (Purple, Tiny Music...)

I think the last setup is what you are looking for info on.

On the later recordings he started using a Sansamp bass driver to add some more grind to the sound. (No. 4, Shangriladida)

I bought the issue of Bass Player where they had the info, but I left it with my parents in Miami. In that issue they said he uses 3 - Eden 212XLT cabs under the 410XLTs live but from seeing him live and on video I know thats not the case.

Ive had some pretty good sucess getting a similar signal by running my main rig (Eden preamp with Eden 210SXT cabs) clean and flat, and my combo amp (Eden-Nemesis 210 combo) on top of it with the mids boosted around 1-2kHz and the gain cranked so that it distorts when I dig in and the compresser on.

Peace
    Nick