Roland DM10 Monitors

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by funkysurfer, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Hello all. I am looking to purchase some monitor speakers which can be used for both analog & digital applications. I am on a tight budget and these had a good write up.

Does anyone own these or have any feedback on these speakers? Most importantly, how do they handle the bass? I primarily play a 5 string.

Thanks in advance!
  2. mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Hey Funkysurfer,

I was on a budget too and got the DM20's. I play mostly 4 string through these Monitors when recording. Or occasionally use synth bass. And for that, these speakers are really really good.. They have problems if you go under a low E (start breaking a little), but other than that they are pretty good monitors for those on a small budget.

Again, i am not sure how the DM10's will hold up with bass frequencies. I think your also gonna wanna go for at least the DM20's being a bassist, i think youll be happy with that extra power. That being said, i never use mine passed the 12:00 mark but its nice to have the headroom.