Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roland DM10 Monitors

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by funkysurfer, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Hello all. I am looking to purchase some monitor speakers which can be used for both analog & digital applications. I am on a tight budget and these had a good write up.

Does anyone own these or have any feedback on these speakers? Most importantly, how do they handle the bass? I primarily play a 5 string.

Thanks in advance!

2. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Hey Funkysurfer,

I was on a budget too and got the DM20's. I play mostly 4 string through these Monitors when recording. Or occasionally use synth bass. And for that, these speakers are really really good.. They have problems if you go under a low E (start breaking a little), but other than that they are pretty good monitors for those on a small budget.

Again, i am not sure how the DM10's will hold up with bass frequencies. I think your also gonna wanna go for at least the DM20's being a bassist, i think youll be happy with that extra power. That being said, i never use mine passed the 12:00 mark but its nice to have the headroom.

M