1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Roscoe SKB 3005 34" scale 19mm spacing, koa top, 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Poppo, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Poppo

Poppo

Nov 18, 2008
    Price:
    $2150
    Strings:
    Roscoe SKB 3005
    Built in 2008
    Koa top
    Ash body
    Cocobolo fingerboard
    Bartolini pre amp & pups
    34" scale
    19 mm string spacing
    Roscoe hardshell case

A true beauty. Bought it on this forum in April 2010 and have rarely played it (I'm a guitarist).

Previous sales of this bass on this forum, including commentary:

SOLD - FS/FT Roscoe SKB 3005 34" scale 19mm spacing

Rare Roscoe SKB 3005 34" scale 19mm spacing

Includes shipping to continental U.S., insurance. IMG_7260.JPG IMG_7284.JPG IMG_7269.JPG IMG_7264.JPG IMG_7262.JPG IMG_7259.JPG

2. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I remember this bass. Been looking around for a 34" Roscoe since then. Would even visit the old thread sometimes. I wish I could snag this!

3. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    PM sent

4. Poppo

Poppo

Nov 18, 2008
    Hi - I've gotten a number of trade offers. Sorry but not looking to pick up another bass, this is for sale only.

5. Poppo

Poppo

Nov 18, 2008
    I had an inquiry from someone who wanted to know about any flaws, discolorations, scratches, dents, etc. I took a very close look at the bass in bright light and then in direct sunlight and wrote back with the following information and photos which I'm sharing with other potential buyers. Also has info about the condition of the case.

Hi - the condition is excellent. Finish on back and front is like glass.
    In normal bright light you wouldn't notice any flaws unless you look closely. On the bottom edge there is a bit of minor scuffing on both sides of the strap button, a couple short light scratches, and a small and subtle mar in the finish. (There are some dots in the wood grain - in the attached photo that shows them, the mar is about an inch or so above the right-most dot.)
    In order to see these you have to hold the bass at just the right angle in bright light. I had trouble photographing them.
    However, if you put it in direct sunlight and hold it at just the right angle, you can see there are light polishing scratches on the front and the back, and the scuffing on the bottom edge is more obvious. Outside of direct sunlight, you won't see that.
    Overall it's in beautiful condition.
    The case is in very good condition. Minor scuffing that you would expect from occasional use. There is a line of small indentations around the case in one place where it looks like it was tied very tight with some kind of binding.
    The neck looks straight to me, I've never adjusted it.

Here are some photos attempting to show these issues. First is in bright sunlight on the front, then normal bright light on the back, then some direct sunlight on the back, etc., then the case.

img_7341-. img_7345-. img_7350-. img_7348-. img_7339-. img_7335-.

The worst photo I could take, in direct sunlight at just the right angle:
    img_7349-. img_7331-. img_7333-. img_7334-. img_7329-.
    img_7269-.

6. jazzycats

jazzycats

Oct 17, 2014
    Hi there,

Weight?

Thanks!

J

7. Poppo

Poppo

Nov 18, 2008
    Hi - can't tell you the exact weight, just an estimate. Some similar basses online are listed at about 9.5 lbs or so. My bathroom scale says it weighs 9 lbs.

8. fragernackyl

fragernackyl

Nov 17, 2011
    Any soundclips available for this one? Curious as to how the 34" scale affects the overall sound. So very tempting...

alangoldstein likes this.