1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

s 223

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by rms2, Jan 22, 2012.

1. rms2

rms2

May 27, 2008
    VA
    Hey Michael,

Bassists Who Travel With Musical Instruments | Bass Musician Magazine [the face of bass]

Just wondering what happened with the musical instrument provisions of this bill and if this has made it any easier to fly with your basses. I just tried searching and reading through the whole bill but there are so incredibly many provisions, addendums, etc. that I gave up. I simply couldn't find the section that applies to musical instruments. Oddly, there is no further update elsewhere on the web either that I could find doing a search. I thought I might find something on one of the orchestral websites about it but no such luck.

Hope you are having a great NAMM 2012!

2. rms2

rms2

May 27, 2008
    VA
    Michael? or anybody else know what has happened with this legislation? Thanks.

3. rms2

rms2

May 27, 2008
    VA
  4. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Sorry for the slow response, rms2. The article from the latest AFM publication is the most recent information I've heard. Hopefully this will be a good thing for all of us!