1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SABDDI question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JohnM2001, Feb 27, 2008.

1. JohnM2001

JohnM2001

Feb 24, 2004
    Re using SABDDI in a live situation, I read about guys who use a SABDDI for DI to the board, and also use an onstage amp for monitor. Is the SABDDI tone shaping available for both those feeds, or only 1? I like using the Bassman setting when using the SABDDI through an amp, so that's what I'd like to hear onstage, but will that same tone go DI to the board? What are my options?

2. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    IIRC, the SABDDI i used has 3 outs. Effected XLR, effected 1/4" out, and a uneffected 1/4" out.

3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    "Both" (as ehque mentioned there are actually 3 - but one is an unaffected 1/4" parallel output, for just your clean bass sound).

Use the 1/4" normal output for your monitors, and the DI for the board. Both will get the tube-emulated SansAmp goodness. That's partly why so many love to use it for recording - it's a great DI that does all the Ampeg rig hauling and mic work for you. :D

While the same tone will go to both, your amp adds a new layer of tone to the mix. The sound guy at the PA is going to be doing his own thing with what he gets from your BDDI. Coordinate with him to tweak your sound at the board to be more like what's coming out of your amp.