Sad day in Detroit...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MikeBass, Jan 3, 2005.

1. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    I just found out today that a good friend had a stroke the other day.
    His name is Joe Hayden.
    Joe has played with P-Funk, Aretha Franklin, Enemy Squad and a host of others in Detroit and elsewhere.
    From what I understand he is paralized in one arm as of now. If this is temporary or not, I guess only time will tell.
    Joe is one of the nicest guys and one crazy good bass player. I just hope and pray that he pulls through with no lasting effects.
    I don't think he has ever been to TB, or for that matter much on-line in forums in general, but if he ever came here you guys would really dig him.

I wish you guys could meet him, super great guy.......sad day here in the Detroit bass community.
    Say a prayer for him............
  2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI

Thanks for the heads up , he'll be in my prayers. A friend of mine , Tony Denardo who plays bass for the Muggs had a stroke a few years ago at the age of 28! so a guess it can happen to anyone. Anyway he worked his way back and he now plays with his left hand on a Fender Rhodes thru a bass amp. He never played any keys before the stroke, So I guess with determination there is hope.
    Steve B
    PS: Keep me informed on his condition , thanks
  3. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Sorry to hear that about one of D-town bass players. I hope he pulls through!!! Was that him with Aretha at the Detroit Jazz Fest last summer?