Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sad day in Detroit...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MikeBass, Jan 3, 2005.

1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    I just found out today that a good friend had a stroke the other day.
    His name is Joe Hayden.
    Joe has played with P-Funk, Aretha Franklin, Enemy Squad and a host of others in Detroit and elsewhere.
    From what I understand he is paralized in one arm as of now. If this is temporary or not, I guess only time will tell.
    Joe is one of the nicest guys and one crazy good bass player. I just hope and pray that he pulls through with no lasting effects.
    I don't think he has ever been to TB, or for that matter much on-line in forums in general, but if he ever came here you guys would really dig him.

I wish you guys could meet him, super great guy.......sad day here in the Detroit bass community.
    Say a prayer for him............

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Mike,

Thanks for the heads up , he'll be in my prayers. A friend of mine , Tony Denardo who plays bass for the Muggs had a stroke a few years ago at the age of 28! so a guess it can happen to anyone. Anyway he worked his way back and he now plays with his left hand on a Fender Rhodes thru a bass amp. He never played any keys before the stroke, So I guess with determination there is hope.
    Steve B
    PS: Keep me informed on his condition , thanks

3. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Sorry to hear that about one of D-town bass players. I hope he pulls through!!! Was that him with Aretha at the Detroit Jazz Fest last summer?