Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky......Celinder

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Peik, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Peik

Peik

Dec 2, 2004
    Sweden
    I had the pleasure of trying a couple of Celinders last week. I thought they were really excelent.
    In the same week I also read about the Sadowsky Metro line on was able to try a sadowsky NYC.

So the question is, which is best and why? the two companies seem to be offering fender style basses at about the same prices.
    At this level I know that is is probably simply a matter of taste, but it would be cool to hear some coments as I am torn between the two.

Peik

2. You speak of top of the line basses, good...

Then try a HotWire bass, Jb and P vintage spirit, modern préamps if you like, amazing craftmanship.

http://www.hotwire-bass.com
    Best regards

3. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Not that I think that Hotwire are bad basses,not at all. Great stuff... but Celinder and Sad's are a way different league IMHO. :eyebrow:

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Since you played both of them, you should know the answer this very subjective question. :)

5. Peik

Peik

Dec 2, 2004
    Sweden
    You would think wouldn´t you. :rollno: but the thing is I want both of them. :hyper:
    It is hard to decide and I was hoping that some different coments would help to swing me in one direction

6. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

tough , tough choice ...
    both are high quality instruments .
    i don't think you can go wrong .

i say buy both , it's only money ... :D

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    This, I understand all too well. :)

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

The diffrence is that you will get your bass when you order it from Roger Sadowsky.

9. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Ive tried both and have owned both. Both excellent, I prefer Sadowsky. I hope nothing goes wrong with your Celinder or you need service because you probably wont even get your email returned. My experience. I wasnt pleased. I just prefer Sadowsky overall. 34" scale, preamp smokes, etc. Plus the shop is only about 3 hours from me.

Rob

10. Mikkel-S

Mikkel-S Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Hmm.. Wierd, I've only experienced very good service from Chris Celinder..! Peik, I think you would be best off with the Celinder because his shop is NOT far away from you. Is theres a tiny problem with it just swing by his shop and he'll fix it... Sadowsky in NY is quite far away.. :rolleyes:
    My vote goes for the Celinder..

11. I'm with Mikkel on this one. What he states is a strong plus point when you weigh pros and cons against each other. Also, I happen to think that Celinders look far nicer than Sadowskys, especially when it comes to J-basses. Another plus.
    Anyhow, there's no doubt in my mind that both companies make equally brilliant basses, though I've played neither, so you really must go with your gut feeling on this one.

12. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I've owned both and they're great basses... But I kept my Celinders and currently own 3.. I prefer a 35" scale and the Celinders are a full size body which is more comfortable for myself... However you cannot beat Roger for customer service and his basses set the standard... Christian can be hard to get ahold of sometimes, but I've had pretty good luck and he builds a great bass... I think you just have to make the choice yourself... Hell I wished I lived closer to Celinder, I'd probably own more of his basses.... :hyper:

13. Peik

Peik

Dec 2, 2004
    Sweden
    Good points all around. I do think that Mikkel is right about being close to the dealer. I also think that the Celinder could work out slightly cheaper because of the shipping and all the taxes asosiated with the Sadowsky.
    will have to give it some more thought.

thanks for the imput :D

14. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hi!

I have a Celinder Custom 6 and I' never encountered any problems at all.

I've been visiting Celinder a couple of times and there were always nice people in the shop.

Every year I get my bass "shined up" at Chris' shop in Copenhagen, no problem. (just dont call them too early in the morning! ;) )

15. Mikkel-S

Mikkel-S Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Hi Peter... Good to see you around here.. welcome.. ;)