1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Sadowsky NYC Modern 5 7.8lbs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ElMon, Nov 2, 2018.

1. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Price:
    $2600
    Strings:
    Love this bass. The Modern model has a distinctive low-mid kick, which to me is one of the cleanest and balanced fingerstyle tones out there, and yet the slap tone on these can get quite ... for lack of a better term ... 'doinky'. There's a certain 'sploink' versus the full-bodied, juicy-rib tone of a J and/or Pbass when slapped.

The alder and Indian RW combo here does a lot to mitigate that. Just adds a layer of warmth that always speaks through. Sure, you can take an ash/maple version of this bass, roll off the VTC, and get close to the tone of this bass, but it's not quite the same.

Excellent slap bass of course, and for being such a lightweight instrument, which to me is usually a turn off, this bass is just as solid and pitch-focused as my non-chambered Sadowski, and yet it still has that sweet vibrato and air around each note that to me a lot of sub-8lb Sadowsky basses possess.

The only reason I'm selling is that I chunked some cash down on an ash/maple MV5 in my absolute favorite color combo: olympic white, maple neck and board, and tort guard. Finally found one.

This bass has some love marks on it (more pics to come) but is otherwise flawless. Really broken in and an absolute dream on a gig.

Particulars:

2016 Sadowsky NYC Satin series
    Maple neck
    Indian Rosewood fretboard (not Pau Ferro, which I don't care for. True blue rosewood)
    Hipshot tuners
    Weight 7.8bs (very light)

NOTE ON CASE: This one came with a portabag, which was subsequently stolen, so I'm sending it out in the soft/hardshell case that my new Metro will come in. Hence the discounted price, which I am firm on.

• No trades
    • No international deals
    • Price includes paypal

And now for some pics (again, more to come):

Dang Ol Ding Detail_Boomhauer.PNG Full Body Rear. Full Body. Headstock. Neck wear.

gustobassman, R&B, TolerancEJ and 9 others like this.