1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky NYC Modern 5 String Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dpbass66, Oct 16, 2010.

1. dpbass66

dpbass66 Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Sadowsky NYC Modern Electric Bass. Built in November 2005. Alder body/maple neck and fretboard. 24 fret/2 octave neck. Medium size frets. Oversized neck side dots. Chrome hardware. Color is "midnight blue", very unique finish has a slight sparkle to it in the right light, other times it looks like a deep/lustrous solid cobalt blue. I believe one or two of my pics captures the sparkle. This bass is a players bass with "killer" tone throughout the full spectrum of styles, from vintage to modern. Terrific for any playing style, be it slap or finger-style. Neck is flat, smooth and very fast. Action is currently set very low. Weight is 8 lbs. on my bathroom scale, very nicely balanced on a strap (ie no neck dive).

Condition: The bass reflects its real world use; I gigged and practiced with this instrument regularly. There are a few blemishes in the finish which I could not capture specifically in any photos as follows: 1) by the vintage tone control in some of the photos, 2) on the front of the headstock by the "A" string machine head capstan (the part the you put the string in), 3) by the input jack on the side of the bass. These are all about 2 to 3 mm in size. On the rear of the bass the control plate cover has a slight hairline scratch in it. In general though, this bass is in excellent condition and consistently gets compliments on its appearance and sound. I am selling this bass because I have another similar instrument in my arsenal already, and I want a high-end fretless to replace it.

Electronics: Sadowsky humcancelling soapbar pickups in JJ configuration. Four controls in a diamond pattern that functions as follows: looking at the bass from the point of view of my first photo (above) - 12:00 = volume, 3:00=vintage tone control/preamp bypass push/pull switch, 6:00=bass boost/treble boost, 9:00=pickup pan. Preamp is powered by a 9-volt alkaline battery, which is switched on via the input jack and can be activated/deactivated by the push/pull switch.

Specifications:
    Bass Boost Control: +13dB maximum boost @ 40 Hz (control fully clockwise)
    Treble Boost Control: +13dB maximum boost @ 4 kHz (control fully clockwise)
    Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 50 kHz
    Harmonic Distortion: 0.1% @ 1 kHz

The description below is from the Sadowsky website:

"Our 24-fret 5-string model features a two-octave neck to offer greater range on the upper register as well as the lower. The neck width tapers from 1+7/8" at the nut to 3" at the 24th fret. This results in a right hand string spacing that is approximately the same, string to string, as our 4-string bass. Two Sadowsky soapbar pickups are located to provide a tight punchy sound and to allow adequate room for slap style playing."

Asking $3000 or best offer. Includes Sadowsky semi-soft case. Buyer pays shipping.

Attached Files:

• 735.JPG
      735.JPG
      File size:
      44 KB
      Views:
    • 704.JPG
      704.JPG
      File size:
      38.2 KB
      Views:
  2. dpbass66

May 20, 2010
    Bump

3. toothguy

toothguy Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2007
    very nice.

4. dpbass66

May 20, 2010
    Bump

5. dpbass66

May 20, 2010
    bump

6. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Wow!! This is a tempting one!!!

7. dpbass66

May 20, 2010
    well...make an offer!!!

BTW, your "Less is more is for wimps" had me LMAO!! I subscribe to that concept!

8. dpbass66

May 20, 2010
    Bump

9. dpbass66

May 20, 2010
    bump

10. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    OK....I have a Roscoe SKB-3006.......thats my offer.....;)

11. dpbass66

May 20, 2010
    I wish I could...but I need the cash. Thanks for your interest though!!

12. 82Daion

82Daion

Nov 14, 2006
    PM sent.

13. vpbass

vpbass

Jul 6, 2005
    dana point ca
    Still available?

14. dpbass66

May 20, 2010
    ...sleeping comfortably in the Sadowsky case in my studio.....

Yes. Still available.

15. dpbass66

May 20, 2010
    bump

16. dpbass66

May 20, 2010
    bump

17. dpbass66

May 20, 2010
    bump

18. dpbass66

May 20, 2010
    bump

19. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    You don't need the money that bad...you need a purdy 6 string.....;)

20. dpbass66

May 20, 2010
    ...one of my other basses says "Fodera" on the headstock, and Beez Elite-6 on the invoice, somewhere down lower on the bill it says "Buckeye Burl"....and yet, somewhere down below that is a rather large 4 digit number preceded by this ($) symbol...appreciate the advice though. :D