1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Sadowsky NYC Will Lee P/J (owned by Will Lee)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Laklandfan, Jul 12, 2019 at 1:02 PM.

1. Laklandfan

Laklandfan Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hello,

I recently purchased Sadowsky #7265 and took delivery today, which according to Sadowsky was preowned and played by Mr. Will Lee. I took it out of the shipping box, removed the bell cover, tune it and played it for a while through my different amps and played with different EQ settings on the amps and bass. Keep in mind this bass was bought by me already used, the bass shows some wear as well as the portabag. It appears that Mr. Lee actually did use this bass, and doesn't seem to have been a closet queen. So understand that this bass is not mint.

This is my first Sadowsky bass and I'd never tried one in person. This was purchased sight unseen. This bass doesn't speak to me, at all. It doesn't make sense to hold on to such a nice instrument, if it's not going to be played.

Please note that the bass came with a parchment pickguard, but I paid to have them cut and install a tort pickguard. For some reason the shop did not give me the original pickguard that came with the bass...

Pictures: Link to Sadowsky page.
    This bass was owned and played by Will Lee himself and played at a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. You will notice that it has a number of special features that Will likes on his personal instruments and make this bass unique: 1) battery box 2) large, glow-in-the-dark side marker stickers 4) setup tool clip on the back of the headstock 5) d-tuner 6) mid-boost preamp 7) bell cover on the P pickup (removable).

MODEL P4 Vintage Will Lee P/J 4-20 (pre owned by Will Lee)
    SERIAL #7265
    FINISH ’59 Burst
    BODY Chambered, Roasted Alder
    WEIGHT 8.71 lbs
    NECK Roasted Maple with thin matte nitro finish. 9′ radius and 1 5/8 nut width.
    FINGERBOARD Brazillian Rosewood (Requires CITES documents for international shipping, contact Carl@sadowsky.com for more information).
    PICKGUARD Parchment ( I had the shop replace this with a Tort before it left the shop)
    HARDWARE Chrome with Bell Cover
    PICKUPS Sadowsky single Coil J-style pickups in 60’s location
    PREAMP Will Lee mid-boost pre-amp
    CASE Sadowsky Portabag
    PRICE $5,040 (originally $6,300)

I will drop the price to $4,500 to help move it along.

Trade +/- cash interest:
    Fender custom shop P bass with a Jazz neck,
    Vintage P bass with "A" neck,
    Nordstrand Nordy VP4 or VPJ4 bass,
    Fender AVRI 62 or 64 Precision (Oly White, Black, or natural),
    Fender Amer Std/Professional (Oly White,black, or natural),
    USA Lakland Duck Dunn or 494 Deluxe,
    Spector USA (DW neck preferred)
    Dingwall Super P or Super PJ

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019 at 11:56 AM
  2. Laklandfan

Oct 15, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    4BE08FB5-6D40-46E1-866F-3E71B56919D5.

leamdav and mikewalker like this.
  3. Interesting and unique for sure, you won’t be interested in another (regular jazz) Will Lee I assume?

Thanks
    Simom

Laklandfan likes this.
  4. Laklandfan

Oct 15, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    No, Jazzes sound-wise don’t seem to work for me like P basses. Even on this bass I find panned all the way to the P pickup is best. The mid boost is a super nice feature that I really like.

I emailed the shop just to see if they could re-route a J to a P/J, and they said no.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019 at 11:52 AM