1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky Outboard Pre/DI with One Spot?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bucephylus, Feb 4, 2016.

1. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    Is anyone using the Sadowsky Outboard pedal and powering it with the One Spot supply? Or is the Sadowsky AC/DC adapter the only one that works? I tried a generic 9V adapter with mine; and that was a complete fail.

Thanks.

2. Mine Never worked right from the day I bought it, I should have sent it back.

3. jrick7

jrick7

Mar 9, 2013
    I've powered it with my Voodoo Labs PP2+ and using just a battery. Both worked fine, but with both the XLR out is extremely noisy.

I believe I've powered it with a One Spot before as well, but by itself, and still the same issue.

4. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I use mine with a 1Spot all the time and it works just fine.

5. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    Thanks Dave. Reason for asking is that my gig has gone to IEM's; and I am not using an amp. I don't use any effects; but, I would like a small pre-set board to plug and play with at the gig. Having to use a specific wall wart complicates the idea. Otherwise, the Sadowsky pedal is perfect for what I need.

6. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Gotcha! I use mine with anywhere between 3-7 other pedals all powered by the 1Spot or a PT Volto and I've never had any issues with it. It's a great pre too.