SOLD Sadowsky RV4 Sherwood Green

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by groovin_bassman, Aug 31, 2018.

1. groovin_bassman

groovin_bassman Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Franklin, Ohio
    Price:
    Strings:
    THE best 4 string bass I've ever played!

Up on the block is my beloved Sadowsky RV4 in Sherwood Green. It has a new set of Sadowsky Blue Label nickels and a new setup that included newly polished frets, oiled fingerboard, and a nice low setup.
    Alder body, maple neck with morado (pau ferro) fingerboard. Excellent condition except a small indention on neck heel (pictured). Nobody even notices it unless I actually point it out. Even then you could miss it. Does not effect play-ability in any way. The plastic is still on the preamp cover on the back.
    Included will be 2 pickguards (parchment and tortoise), bell cover for neck pickup, and d-tuner on E string (currently installed) and original E string tuner.
    Will ship in a nice padded Sadowsky gig bag CONUS.

The only trade that I will entertain is a Sadowsky MV5 or RV5 as I am primarily a 5 string player. Willing to add a little cash too. Let me see what you got!

Attached Files:

Dark Horse and Josh Thatguy like this.
  2. Aaaaaaargh... I feel like Charlie Brown missing the football!
    My hopes were up, way up, until I saw the 5-string stipulation at the end (as Lucy takes the ball away!)... so my '71 P stays.

Good luck with the sale. That's an awesome bass in a fantastic color!

groovin_bassman likes this.
  3. bassman216

bassman216

Apr 4, 2015
    Dayton, Ohio
    Benefits of being friends with groovin_bassman is I get to play his basses! He is not wrong on this bass being one of the best playing basses out there! I tried to talk him into keeping it but alas he is mind set on a fiver. lol Don’t let this one get away from you if it’s in your price range. GLWTS buddy!

groovin_bassman likes this.
  4. WillieB

WillieB Battling Bass Guitar Bulimia since 1975 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Very nice ... do you know the weight?

5. groovin_bassman

Apr 27, 2012
    Franklin, Ohio
    Thank you! Do not have a scale, but believe it to be about 9 lbs. I believe that’s what the previous owner told me.

WillieB likes this.
  6. groovin_bassman

Apr 27, 2012
    Franklin, Ohio
    Correction... it is 9.4 lbs... and picture proof!

Attached Files:

7. JohnThomasson

JohnThomasson

Feb 3, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, DR Strings, Source Audio,& Fishman
    PM'ed

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022