Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky with Bartolini

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by maurilio, May 2, 2005.

1. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
  2. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    looks like a 59J or the Classic Bass version. not sure

3. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    Cool bass. I'd chuck the clear pickguard!

Hard to say since the Barts all kinda look the same. I can say that I am using Bartolini Classic Bass jazz stacks on my ash-bodies Jack Read bass and I love them. I has a set of 9j's on a different bass and they weren't awful but the low output wasn't what I was looking for. These Classic Bass humbuckers sound huge and tight without being stuffy. Nice stuff.

Don't let the perception that Barts aren't the current flavor of the month turn you off from them. They still make great pickups and their electronics have held up very well. They could use a little help in the promotion department, and a new preamp design wouldn't hurt.

Pete

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    impossible to tell *exactly* what they are, without seeing the back of the pickups. Even then, might not be possible - Bartolini didn't always seem to mark the model number on the back of the pickup, although any I've seen in the last 4 or so years have.
    So, they're more than likely 59J, 59K or 59CB. Although I don't believe the CB range was around in 97, or even the 59K - so I think the smart money would be on the 59J. Although Bart also do a lot of custom stuff for mfrs as well, but since Roger doesn't usually use Barts it's more likely that it was a stock model.

5. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    This makes sense! BTW, I did some adjustment and now the 59J sound great.
    Still, I'm kinda curious to hear the Classic.... will see ($$)
    Thanks for your hepl, guys, very appreciate!

Mo'