Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sam Ash amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 0scar, Mar 19, 2005.

1. 0scar

0scar

Jul 11, 2003
    Hey everyone, I'm buying an amp and cab but preferably getting it from Sam Ash. I'd say getting anything shipped is almost out of the question, that is unless you know of something that would completely satisfy my needs. This is why preferably I'd get it from Sam Ash, since a lot of you are local Sam Ashers. I'm 17 and my dad's trying to get me to save up for college, so anything above $1000 is out of the question :crying:

I'd say most of the time I'm slapping, but occasionally I fingerplay. I never use a pick though...I'm just telling you all this though because I'm sure playing style/sound has a lot to do with buying a good setup :)

But yeah, size preferably be something along the lines of 4x10s, or 2x8+1x15, you know, something roughly along that range.

Thanks in advance. :D

2. 0scar

0scar

Jul 11, 2003
    Oh yeah, I forgot to throw in that I guess 600-700 would be the best range for me. I know this is sort of limiting but I really don't have too much money to burn on this. Of course, if you find something that's like $800 feel free to show. Just remember, both the amp and the cab need to add up to this :p

thanks again.

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Click the link in my sig. Best bang for buck PERIOD!

4. 0scar

0scar

Jul 11, 2003
    hmm alirght.

well, what would be a good cab for that?

5. Can't go wrong with an Avatar.

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

+1 on the Avatars!!! I run a 8 ohm SB112 (1x12 w horn) on bottom and a 8 om B210 (2x10 w horn) on top and the the Kustom Groove Bass 1200 as the head. ROCKIN SETUP! Wall-o-tone!!! Whole rig will cost you about $1000 for the 1200 watt head and the two Avatar cabs. Damn good deal considering what you get. To save some bucks you could do just one Avatar 2x12 (I'd prb just to 1 - 4 ohm cab on that config). Remember, this head goes down to 2 ohms, so you are set there!