SOLD Sandberg "Forty Eight" Relic'd Candy Apple Red - *MINT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BK bassist, Feb 15, 2018.

1. BK bassist

BK bassist Schroeder Cabinets endorsing artist Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    Here's a very unique and gorgeous Sandberg "Forty Eight" that certainly has a real sexy vibe with a vintage looking, factory relic'd Candy Apple Red finish. She reminds me of a classic Corvette including the racing stripes!!!

She's got a sweet Jazz-taper type neck. This bass is a joy to play and sits great in the mix. It's been professionally relic'd by the fine German luthiers at Sandberg, It's in mint condition with very low play hours and absolutely no issues at all. She's a very sweet playing and sounding instrument.

The neck is straight and flat and very fast ... she was professionally set up 2 months ago.

I bought her new about 6 months ago and the only reason I'm considering selling her is because I just got a Sandberg California TM-4 on trade. IMO Sandberg is easily one of the top bass manufacturers on the market today. Uunfortunately they are difficult to get here in the states, especially this make and color combination.

SPECS:

NECK: 6 x bolted / Canadian hardrock maple
    SCALE: 864 mm / 34"
    BODY: European alder body / aged finish
    PICKUPS: 1 Sandberg humbucker, 1 sandberg splitcoil
    PREAMP: Sandberg designed 2-band, volume, balance

Here's a Youtube link that really shows off the great tonal options of the "Forty Eight"

Or

This bass will ship with a very sturdy, form fitting hard shell case to keep it safe from gig to gig.

I'd prefer cash but I might be open to interesting trades ... + / - cash from either side depending on the trade .... and cash amount :)

Trade considerations: (4 string) ... Zon, Fodera, Dingwall, Sadowsky, Vintage J or PJ, Gibson Ripper, Ric 4003 ... give me a shot if you've got an interesting trade and thanks for the consideration.

IMG_1621.JPG IMG_1622.JPG IMG_1623.JPG IMG_1624.JPG IMG_1625.JPG IMG_1626.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. PRL

PRL

Feb 15, 2018
    This is a nice bass. I have a whole assortment of basses I would like to talk to you about Trading including a Kubicki, PRS Gary Grainger, Modulus genisis, Lakland, Thanks

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  3. BK bassist

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Can you PM me pics and info on the Modulus and the PRS? Thanks

4. I am Soma

I am Soma Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2013
    MN
    beautiful bass and sandberg is the real deal!

BK bassist likes this.
  5. Session1969

Session1969 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2010
    What . The . That's a nice bass. Does this have a shorter reach than a Thunderbird ?

6. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    PM sent

7. BK bassist

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Surprised this girl hasn't been sold or traded yet ... she's really a phenomenal instrument with looks for days. Truth is, if I didn't already have another Sandberg that sounded just like her, I'd be keeping her.

There may be some wiggle room in price plus I'm open to the idea of trades (+/-) cash from either side ...

Let's make a deal Monty!

8. BK bassist

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Added some additional trade considerations .... Thanks!

9. BK bassist

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    SOLD!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021