1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade Sandberg Jazz/$650 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by myates, Aug 21, 2016.

1. myates

myates

Oct 9, 2010
    San Francisco
    Price:
    $650
    Strings:
    Price Drop to $650 Shipped within CONUS.

Hello TB’ers. My name is “Berg”. I’m a 3 year old Sandberg Electra TT4. Last night I had a “come to Jesus” talk with my player. Great guy by the way. We both knew this was coming, but were in denial. We’ve treated each other with the utmost respect, seen some great times and have some funny stories to share. But the truth of the matter is, I need to gig more. It was no surprise to him. I’ve seen the spotlight on a couple of occasions. You just can’t tease me like that. It just ain’t right! I mean, bass player's gotta know that we love hamming it up too.

So, this is a bitter-sweet message to the TB community. I’m looking for new player. One who can appreciate my skills, my voice, my sense of humor and my commitment to the spiritual healing of music.

I hope my Tobacco/Matte finish provides a hint into my personality. Initially I wasn’t sold on it, but it’s come to suit me just right. I’m warm, punchy, smooth (though I like it when the brass section calls me “silky”), super easy to get along with and can sing in many styles.

My control deck is bass-treble stack knob/pan/volume and I can go active or passive with the pull of a button. Bamm! Whatever you need. Rock, funk, blues, jazz, house; I got your back. I also have a sleek neck and can hang with the fastest bebop lines you throw my way. Oh, I’m fairly light too. My current player appreciates this about me.

And to show you that I’m all about trust & respect, I want you to know that I have some rash on my heel and a small nick on the back of my neck (smaller than the head of a Q-Tip). It’s in the pictures. Honestly, neither I nor my player knew how these happened. Poor bass stand? Poor gig bag? Not sure. Regardless, I wear it proudly and will not let you down.

I’m never late to a session or gig and have an exceptional work ethic. What can I say, I LOVE my job. I’ll be well securing during my journey, including an older gig bag for extra protection.

The cost of my commitment to you is priceless, but my current player ask $750 shipped. I’m looking forward to the most excellent adventure. I'm bassed (my sense of humor coming through) in San Francisco if you want to meet in-person.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    R&B, seang15, Naxn and 23 others like this.
  2. myates

myates

Oct 9, 2010
    San Francisco
    Monday Bump. I heard this helps with players.

seang15 likes this.
  3. DC3

DC3 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Atlanta
    Weight?

4. myates

myates

Oct 9, 2010
    San Francisco
    Did some research as I don't have a scale. A few specs I found on the web all point to 8.81/8.93 lbs.

rbeck47 likes this.
  5. myates

myates

Oct 9, 2010
    San Francisco
    Did some research as I don't have a scale. A few specs I found on the web all point to 8.81/8.93 lbs.

6. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    I love how you worded this ad.

7. myates

myates

Oct 9, 2010
    San Francisco
    :) Thanks. He's still searching for a good home though.

8. myates

myates

Oct 9, 2010
    San Francisco
    Man, tough crowd. Been looking for a new player the past couple of weeks and no interest. Did I mention my work ethic? I dream of being the hardest working bass in the business. Totally dedicated to the mission. Oh, don't worry about me drinking too much before a gig either. Mainly because I can't.

So a C, an E-flat, and a G walk into a bar. The bartender says, "sorry, but we don't serve minors." Ba-bump! See?! I'm a great wing man too. Ladies love Tobacco burst. Super sexy. You won't be disappointed.

9. myates

myates

Oct 9, 2010
    San Francisco
    Price Drop to $700 shipped within CUS

10. myates

myates

Oct 9, 2010
    San Francisco
    Friday bump-de-bump-bump........wanted to also give a shout out to those who "liked" the post and who offered up some great trades. To help, what I would get excited about is a fretless...jazz style....I'm open.

11. Bagelish

Bagelish Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2016
    pm sent

12. myates

myates

Oct 9, 2010
    San Francisco
    Tuesday bump. Wanted to also give a shout out to those who offered up some enticing trades. Though they weren't exactly a match, I do appreciate the offers. Just throwing it out there that I would also be interested an Aguilar or TC Electronics amp (looking for something portable) and a Fender fretless.

13. Ah - if you were in LA instead of San Fran, I'd throw some trade offers your way - and then I'd put you in a case and lock you in a dark closet for months at a time. I'd sometimes take you out and hang you by your neck on display, while one of your brethren took your place in the closet of isolation. You'd not make a sound for months, until even you forgot what it was like to be heard. And when I grow bored of your looks, back in to the closet you'd go until I essentially forget about you. You will pine for the days when you actually were an instrument of creating music, and though not as often as you had preferred at the time, you will miss those opportunities to get out and perform in front of people.

Beware - for I am not alone in my treatment of your kind. Reconcile with your owner, and be grateful for the fun you have.

14. myates

myates

Oct 9, 2010
    San Francisco
    Awesome! FYI, I am actually in LA through the new year, though the bass is SF.

15. myates

myates

Oct 9, 2010
    San Francisco
    Bump for one final price reduced. My New Year's resolution is to get out more often (see more action) in 2017.

16. elkkid2

elkkid2 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Rio Vista, Ca
    Me too! --Can I copy this for my next job interview? Lol!

17. myates

myates

Oct 9, 2010
    San Francisco
    Pretty late on this, but you certainly can. I just hope you'd land a gig much faster than this Sandberg is selling. :)

NigelD likes this.
  18. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    If only you were over this side of the world :bawl:

19. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    @myates I guess there isn't any way to get certifications to ship this to the EU (with the CITES law) ?

If you didn't want to ship internationally, I have someone in Miami that could forward to me, but I am worried about the whole Rosewood thing :(

20. myates

myates

Oct 9, 2010
    San Francisco
    Just shipping in the CONUS. But thank for the interest. Appreciate it.

JACink likes this.