Sansamp Bass Driver

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nick Tate, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Greetings

Do any of you use the Sansamp Bass Driver stomp box as a preamp and run it straight into a power amp.

The company informations says that it will drive a power amp but the output from my unit is not sufficient to drive my Crown power amp.

As a temporary solution I am running the output from the Sansamp through an Alesis Nano Compressor which has 18 db of gain. Even at full boost, the input of the power amp does not clip.

This solution is not ideal but will do for now.

Has anybody got any suggestions?
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah. Get a RBI.
    Although a preamp, the BassDriver isn't meant to feed a poweramp directly.
    I actually use mine as my main preamp, but toward an active cab, not a power amp, so I have a -10 dB input.
  3. Thanks. I thought I might have to spend more money.
  4. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Try running it into a mic pre, then into your power amp. I did that for a long time with an Acoustic DI. Worked like a charm.
  5. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I run the BDDI into an Art Levelar mic preamp (into my power amp.) Works great. Eventually, I will get the rack mount version. I had these two items running into a Behringer head. I kept them and sold the Behringer. The only drawback is there is no mid control, but I am not big on a lot of mid anyway.
  6. Thanks for the information. I will give it a try although the use of a mic preamp requires the same number of boxes & power supplies as I have now. I will just have to add the RBI to my Christmas list and hope Santa is in a giving mood.

The lack of a mid control is cauing me some problems with my Aguilar GS112 cabs which, having only recently bought them, I have found that they a little ligt on the mid frequencies. Another plus point for the RBI.