Sansamp parallel output

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by slimjazz, Jul 19, 2005.

1. slimjazz

Jul 2, 2005
    does the Sansamp bass driver have a separate parallel output in which you could plug a non true bypass tuner, so the pedal tuner won't effect your tone? the MXR 80 has this feature I think but I wanted to know if the sansamp could do this same thing..
    If anyone can explain to me what a parallel output is for it would be great, and why does it help the transparancy of your sound when a non true bypass tuner is plugged in it as opposed to just having the tuner be input placed like a regular pedal.
  2. 1. Yes it does

2. Parrallel out is an uneffected 2nd output to do with what you want

3. It helps the transparency of your signal by not being in your signal chain
  3. slimjazz

Jul 2, 2005
    thanks. I know the sansamp has a parallel out put which is great for a tuner pedal but does the new Sansamp 3 Channel Programmable bass driver have this also much like its original version? I can't see it it any the output jack placed on top of the pedal?
  4. The programmable BDDI has everything the original has + the 3 chan ability
  5. ston3d_j

Oct 30, 2010
    I've been thinking about this for quite a time already but when i try it, I can't seem to say that the parallel output is giving out an "unaffected" signal to the amp. It sounds like the volume dropped and the tone and color changed. I keep the Sansamp off and plainly use it as a spilt signal dialer for the two amps. Any thoughts?
  6. alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    I don't have a PBDDI, but the manual doesn't mention a parallel out.
  7. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    There isnt one
    Wierd oversight
  8. tech21nyc

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    There should be no issue using the tuner with the Bass Driver's parallel out.

The idea behind the parallel out on the Bass Driver was that you would send the uneffected (parallel) out to your bass amp and send the SansAmp output to the mixing board.

There is no parallel out on the programmable Bass Driver. That was originally designed to be used with our now discontinued Bass Power Engine. The idea being, that would be your main sound so you obviously wouldn't be switching all these different bass sounds at the board and then be playing through one bass sound (your amp) via the parallel output. It's the same concept with the Bass Driver and VT Bass Deluxe but there was more room on those units so the buffered parallel out was included along with more presets and an efx loop.

Of course there are many different ways to use all these units and whatever works for you is fine.