1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sansamp RBI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Clank, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Clank

Clank

Jan 7, 2008
    Huntington Beach
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Strings
    Can I use the 1/4" input #2 on the back of the unit instead of the one out front? Will this hurt the unit? I'd like to use it in lieu of the regular input as it has a db drop. I can use the front input and just turn my bass down (it's active) but live it tends to get knocked around and I'd rather be sure that I'm not sending too hot a signal into my amp. Thanks in advance for your input, Clint

2. yep, doesnt matter either way

3. Should not be a problem....according to the manual this allows you to match the RBI's input circuity to the signal being fed into it for the best signal to noise ratio and least amount of distortion......

the back input is just easier if you use other signal processors in your rack before the RBI or have a bunch of patch bay applications (engineers were actually thinking that day) but again thats why it is there...just remember if you plug something into the front it turns off (disconnects) the jack in the back

4. Clank

Clank

Jan 7, 2008
    Huntington Beach
    Thanks!

5. I use that input from the out from my rack tuner. So I plug my bass into the tuner, which then goes to the rear of the Sansamp, and allows my tuner to be a mute switch.

6. Clank

Clank

Jan 7, 2008
    Huntington Beach
    Thanks, I've be running it the same way except through the front input it's good to see that it can be done the other way. I just didn't want to smoke the unit.
    Clinton