1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sansamp VT into effects return- A/B question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by zacwbass, Dec 30, 2011.

1. zacwbass

zacwbass

Jul 13, 2010
    Hey guys

So I have an idea for a setup that I would like an opinion on. Currently I run an Eden WT550 with the Sansamp VT running into the front of the amp. Now I have experimented with using the VT straight into the effects return (essentially bypassing the tube and enhance controls) and enjoyed the results, but missed having the tube and enhance for my clean tone. My question is: if I were to run an A/B switch, with A hitting the front of the amp and B running through the VT into the effects return, would that be a suitable solution to having the tube and enhance for clean tone, then jumping over to the VT for dirty?

Any advice welcome!!

2. I'm not familiar with how your particular amp's effects loop is configured, but I'm not sure that would work. It in addition to the A/B switch, would you also have to turn your FX loop on and off?

If you were to plug into the VT bass input, run the parallel out from the VT bass into the front end of your amp (unaffected) and the effected out into the effects return, you could then leave the VT on and toggle between the two tones using only your FX loop switch. That's assuming the FX loop is 100% wet, of course.

3. zacwbass

zacwbass

Jul 13, 2010
    Effects loop is 100% wet but not switchable.

4. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    This works with my Trace Elliot. My FX loop is switchable and blendable, but if I leave it on, I can use an A/B to do what you're suggesting.

5. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    Yes you can do this. You need an A/B box. Plug your bass into the Eden head and run a cable from the tuner out to the input of the the VT Bass pedal. Set your amp's efx to 100% wet. Send a cable from the efx send of the Eden to the A channel of the A/B box. Send a cable from the output of the VT Bass pedal to the B channel of the A/B box. Plug a cable from the I/O port of the A/B box to your amp's efx return jack. Now when you toggle between the A and B channels of the A/B box you will hear your amp's preamp or the VT Bass pedal. In essence a channel switching amp.