1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Say Your Prayers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Kevin Hsieh, Aug 21, 2007.

1. For my bass.

Flying in a very sketchy flight case borrowed from my old high school. Wood construction (punched it as hard as I could so it "passed the test"). The bass doesn't really fit - the ribs are a bit too wide (I guess I have a pretty big bass). but my dad and I managed fit it in there. Luckily (fingers crossed) not too much contact with top side of flight case and bridge. Missing the bottom zipper so it only zips up half way. Missing a lock.

Go me.

Don't judge me as a careless bass player. I really do love my bass, but I really need to figure out a way to get to NY and being 1. low on money. 2. short on time and 3. couldn't find any other cases for rent in my area (checked world of strings and stein on vine never replied) I decided to pick up the flight case that my high school used, seeing as they were able to offer me a favor and I made the department happy at festival last year.

anywho, my bass possibly needs your prayers or whatever substitute you choose on wednesday night and maybe thursday afternoon. I fly out thursday afternoon to move in to college and it's going to be one nerve-racking flight.

2. Well, on the bright side, if it does get damaged, there's plenty of great luthiers in the NY area!:)

3. Is your bass insured?

4. No, unfortunately.

that question just made me sweat...

My high school flew a bass in it to San Francisco in April without any problem.

I'm also belting down the case in case the zipper doesn't hold. and lowering the bridge to decrease any pressure on it.

5. Kam

Kam

Feb 12, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    It's probably too late (for the flight) now, but I would definitely insure all of your gear. It's not as expensive as you might think. I would be nervous driving my bass around with no insurance.

6. Justin K-ski

Justin K-ski

May 13, 2005
    Hey man,

I live in the city (109th) and I have a Gage flight case that I almost never use. If you want to rent one for your breaks let me know, the shop charges an absurd amount of money.

7. Is this the same bass that had the vibration problem earlier in the week?

8. the one and only. the vibration actually went away! YAY