1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SB5000 Mono M80 roll call - G-string tuner fit

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mandohack, May 24, 2012.

1. mandohack

mandohack

May 6, 2011
    MI, USA
    Greetings.

I've got an SB5000 with the standard headstock. It fits relatively well in my Mono M80 bag (a bit of squeaking because of the horn)... except after some use, I'm noticing the G-string tuner head (the part you turn with your fingers) has made a significant dent in the foam on the inside side of the gig bag. This concerns me a bit: I don't want to imagine the tuner head sheering off.

Basically looking for others with this combination of bass and bag having this same problem/concern. If it's denting the foam and rubbing consistently, is it really offering the best protection? I've got the neck strap secured as tightly as possible to try and keep the neck centered, but it's not enough to keep the G-string tuner from rubbing.

Anyone with an RB Continental confirm better results; no parts rubbing.

Thanks!