1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD SBMM Ray 34ca: Sunburst, Maple Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Mike Sorr, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr “...play I some music...” Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    Price:
    $450
    Strings:
    Up for grabs is a new (with explanation) fretted SBMM Ray34ca, plus an extra lined Ray34ca FL fretless neck.

I picked this bass up on Ebay a few weeks back and it was listed as "new". I am the first owner of this bass, but according to a note in the neck pocket, it was a NAMM 2013 display bass, so whether it is technically new or not is up for debate. I originally bought it as an "FL" or lined fretless model, but swapped out the fretless neck for a maple fretted SBMM Ray 34ca neck. According to my bass tech the fretless neck seemed a little unstable when he first did the set up on it, calling it a bit "iffy". I think that means he thought it could possibly pose an issue at some point, but could be made to work if I really wanted it to. Meaning, if I was willing to spend extra cash for him to put in the effort. I only noodle on the fretless at home for laughs, so I wasn't interested in making a project out of it, but I am including the fretless neck as well since he thinks it's workable. As someone who has owned USA made Music Man Stingray basses in the past, I can tell you that these Sterling basses are extremely well made, and are spot on import versions, to my ear anyway, of their American made cousins.

The Ray 34ca has a thinner nut width than the usual Ray 34 and I find it more comfortable to play. Email me any questions. It includes a quality padded SBMM gig bag. I'm looking for around $450 for it shipped CONUS.

From the SBMM website:
    The Classic Active Series basses deliver old school vibe and looks for the vintage enthusiast. Lightweight slab bodies (no belly or forearm contours).
    The glossy amber tinted neck features a narrow 38 mm nut width, 34” scale and 21 thin vintage style frets. The finish is a hard glossy coat that exudes the vibe and look of an older instrument.
    Music Man designed 2 band active preamp features volume, treble and bass controls. The preamp and pickup were re-voiced for this model, for a more organic feel and are noise free.

And from Youtube:

I'm asking $475 shipped CONUS.

$_57.

$_57.

$_57.

$_57.

$_57.

$_57.

$_57.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  2. Any interest in swapping/selling the maple neck for rosewood?

3. Mike Sorr

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    Nah, I need the cash for the entire bass. Thanks though.

4. Mike Sorr

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    Back to the front...

5. Mike Sorr

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    Sale pending...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.