1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schaller 411 counterfeit?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Araspadecia, Jul 9, 2014.

1. [​IMG]
    I recently acquired this pickup. You'll notice that it looks like a Schaller Kontrabass pickup, but the electronics are differently specified to what I've seen elsewhere. Is there anyone on talkbass.com who has any information on whether this is a genuine Schaller (perhaps a superseded model) or a fake?

2. Looks exactly like my old Schaller that I bought for my first bass, except the colour of the volume knob was white on mine (but the same shape).

rafrockabilly likes this.
  3. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    It's a very simple design, and it looks right to me. Probably an older one, based on the amount of oxidation, and the knob is different (but that's an easy swap if you lost the original).

4. Thanks guys! Does anyone else have information on the history of these pickups?