1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter Damien for this tones

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lucho.Metal, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Lucho.Metal

Lucho.Metal Inactive

Apr 16, 2010
    Hello, my band want this bass tone:

We play metal, like old Metallica.

I was thinking about buy a Schecter Damien.

Will that bass and a GK cab and head give me that tones ? (Cliff Burton - Steve Harris - NIB bass tone) (The bassist in the Black sabbath video is Les Claypol)

I live in Argentina and Ampeg is too expensive.

2. Jayice

Jayice

Sep 22, 2010
    Well Geezer used a "Fender Precision Bass", and Cliff used a "Aria Pro II SB-1000" which to my knowledge uses a precision pickup. So if that helps any

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    You might wanna consider purchasing effects in order to get those bass tones. the zoom b2.1u would be a good choice. one of the distortion channels can get you that cliff burton sound. I have sound samples of the zoom b2.1u on my soundclick website. here's the link.

www.soundclick.com/crystalman85

Feel free to check it out. hope this helps you out on getting the sounds you want. Also, the schecter damien bass is an awesome choice for a bass guitar.