1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schecter Stargazer 5 questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ShiftyShift, Jul 17, 2012.

1. ShiftyShift

ShiftyShift

Mar 12, 2012
    Okay, I have a question about my Stargazer 5. It has a 2008 serial number, but all records say that it was only made from 2009 to 2010. It also doesn't have a push/pull pot for series/parrallel. Does that mean mine is a prototype? Or am I mistaken on the manufacturing years?

2. Not knocking the knowledge base here, but the best way to get correct (or near-correct) answers to your questions would be to email Schecter directly. I did once about something and they responded quickly.

3. ShiftyShift

ShiftyShift

Mar 12, 2012
    I have, and they just replied that it was a factory second from 2008. It does have a 2 stamped int the back of the headstock, so I assumed it was. But, when I checked later on all the schecter records it doesn't show any Stargazer 5's before 2009.

4. ShiftyShift

ShiftyShift

Mar 12, 2012
    Shameless self bump

5. Hux

Hux

Jan 15, 2007
    Istonia
    I've got the same bass stamped 2008 (not B stock). No coil tap on mine either (would be cool to have though).

I think Schecter is little funky with their 'Vault' and the manufacture dates.

I've got a Schecter Hellcat guitar that is stamped 2003, but the Schecter site says this was a one-time 2005 model (no tremelo).