1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schroeder 1212L,1210L, or other 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Black Sheep, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Black Sheep

Black Sheep Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Fair Hill, MD
    Thinking about snagging a Schroeder 1212L or 1210L used, or buying a more traditional 2x10.
    (The Schroeders are the sort with the folded second driver)

So can anyone comment on the differences between the two Schroeders, and those versus something like a new Avatar 210?

I have an Epi 410 for use, but want something a bit smaller when that is not needed, but want versatile handling and tone....

2. pbassnut

pbassnut Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Falls Church, VA
    PM sent.

3. topdog

topdog

May 18, 2012
    I have had a Schroeder 1212L for about 4 years. I bought it to cover smaller gigs and use it under a new Avatar 410 Neo for larger gigs. This cab is amazing, loud and plenty of low end. My 1212L has the Eminence 350 watt neo's just like my new Avatar 410. You won't be disappointed with the 1212L however I don't think they make the front and side mounted version anymore. Check with Bass Central they may have one in stock or can get you one. Hope this helps!

4. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Among those choices...1212L all day long.

5. arginator

arginator

Feb 28, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Can't comment on the other cabs, but I'm pretty happy with my 1210L. Paired with my Genz Benz GBE600, its way more than enough for the bars i play. Very loud, goes low, and stays clear if you want it to. MUCH lighter than my old 410 too!

6. fish slapper

fish slapper

Nov 17, 2005
    Newberg, OR
    I've used a 1210R as my main bar gig cab for several years and have been extremely happy. :hyper:

7. Black Sheep

Dec 29, 2009
    Fair Hill, MD
    Much difference between 1210L and 1210R?

8. Black Sheep

Dec 29, 2009
    Fair Hill, MD
    Still moving toward getting a cab here as funds become available......

How are the Schroeder 1210's on the low B string?? - at moderate push, small contemp/jazz combo type stuff, not really loud.
    Just want to make sure it's tight but low, and clear. Sort of still comparing to the Epi 2x10 sound, or other 2x10s.

9. watspan

watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    I can't comment on the b string, but the Schro is the way to go for a live band mix--all tone cuts the mix, sounds loud. does not sound good by itself, but in a band mix, it's gold.

10. bb03

bb03

Mar 1, 2009
    CT
    It will mostly be a weight difference...the tone will be close enough not to matter.

Every bass player should try a 1212/1210. Even if it's not your thing, you'll still be amazed! :bassist:

11. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    Don't overlook the 212PL. I have the neo loaded version and it KILLS. I know it's not the folded driver version, but its a great cab.

12. Black Sheep

Dec 29, 2009
    Fair Hill, MD
    Yes I looked at the 212PL and checked in with Jorg about it, who was definitely helpful. Still looking for a smallish cab used that can handle a fair bit of power; have to limit the $$, and had been drawn to the 1210R/L or an Epi 210, or whatever, but just want something that will give me a good full and cutting sound where I need it.