Scored a Woods

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by KUNGfuSHERIFF, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Hola
    Just received a very old Walter Woods MI 100-4 today, and was wondering if any TBers could tell me more about it. I've done a bit of research on the 'net and havn't seen this exact model before.
    According to a date hand-lettered on the indide of the chassis, it was finished Sept. 26, 1989. The casing appears to be aluminum anodized red, and the top and bottom covers are nubbly black fiberboard. There is a handle on the top, and the power-cable winds on the back are missing.
    The flat-face front panel has two inputs, labeled "loud" and "soft," to the right of which are input gain, bass cut/boost (with three-position more/flat/less switch), midrange, treble (also with three-way switch) and master volume.
    The right side has printed info labeling the amp as the product of "Woods Electronic Associates" of Los Angeles, CA.
    The back side is a fin-type heat sink.
    The left side has an ON/OFF/ON power switch, an orange power-on light and two speaker outs.
    When I opened up the case, I found a photocopy of a hand-drawn schematic bearing the words "patent pending, Walter D. Woods" folded up inside.
    As I said above, I've seen other MI-100s that bear little resemblance to my amp. There is no "WW" logo, but instead the word "miniamp" is embossed on the face.
    Is this a freak? A prototype? Any idea what it's worth>
  2. olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Hola JefePelea, go to Hubert's site and ask him. A couple of photos could help...