Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Search feature?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by nonsqtr, Aug 19, 2005.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Hi Paul, I've been noticing lately that the "forum search" feature hasn't been working too well. I keep getting the "no matches" response, but when I search a page or two into the forum, sure enough, there it is. Is the search feature supposed to work on titles, or just the internal text in posts?

Thanks - Brian :)

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Bump.....

Any ideas on this one?

It seems to me, that this started happening after the upgrade.

I have no clue what the reason might be, but my searches definitely aren't working at this point.

I can search on a word, that's two posts down from the top, and it doesn't show up - nada, zip, zilch.

The search is actually a pretty valuable feature (at least for me it is), and it would be nice to see it working again.

Am I doing something wrong, or have you checked this out for yourself?

Thanks Paul - .... - Brian

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

It usually works for me - but if it doesn't , I go to the advanced page and this always works!

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I take back my above comment as I now find it's not working as I expected with some searches...!

But the thing I noticed is this little error message which appears at the top of the list you get sometimes and I may not have noticed before - so today I was trying to search about Stevie Wonder and at first it gave me no matches then , some matches but this error message :

"The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: wonder "

So - if words are too common... ? :confused:

5. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Wow, sorry I missed this thread. Nonsqtr, if you could please give me some examples of search words you used that yielded no results (though it should have).

Thanks