1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seattle Bassists Club

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by king_xanadu, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Search wielded nothing so...
    Numbers given only if you were born, lived, or currently live in Seattle or that side of the state
    I was born and raised there for the first 5 years of my life
    I shall take #1:D
    anyone else?

#1 king_xanadu
    #2 El Bobo
    #3 llamalor2112
    #4 Rumblee

2. seriously?

3. El Bobo

El Bobo

Apr 24, 2003
    Seattle
    Fine, I will bite. I never join these clubs but why not:) North Seattle here.

Chris

4. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    Hey, can I have #3 prease? I may not live in Seattle (45 mins north in Granite Falls) but what are the chances of a Granite Falls club starting?! :rolleyes:

5. Rumblee

Rumblee

Jan 18, 2005
    i live in tacoma..but i have spent every day (8hrs minimum) working or at school in Seattle for the last eight years. That, and I'm finally moving there next month. Enough with the commuting.

6. TeleTubby

TeleTubby

Jan 6, 2006
    Lynden, WA
    "...but what are the chances of a Granite Falls club starting?!"

Way better than one starting up here in Lynden.:D Hey, if you guys ever have a get-together, please let me know, as it's only a 100 mile drive to downtown Seattle from here.

7. check first post
    i fixed it :D

8. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    I don't know about that... :rolleyes:
    Lynden: Population-9,020 Size-4.1 sq mi
    Granite Falls: Pop-2,347 Size-1.7 sq mi

You may almost be Canucks, but we're up here in the sticks. I bet there's all of 5 people who know how to play a stringed instrument in our town.;)

I like your idea though, a Seattle Bass Hoe-Down:D

9. Mukilteo area here....

What's the restaraunt in Lynden where you can get a great breakfast? Sort of an old fashioned look on the inside, decent sized place, and the waitresses wear long dresses...

I really like the Black Forrest steak and schnitzel place in Everson.

10. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I'm only 2 hours away in Kitsap County so I guess I'm in.

11. TeleTubby

TeleTubby

Jan 6, 2006
    Lynden, WA
    RobJ, that would be The Dutch Mothers restaurant, a local establishment/institution. And here's a tip you might already be aware of, but if you're going to eat at the Black Forrest, sit in the bar area instead of the main seated room- the food is the same but less expensive and sometimes faster. Good stuff there, for sure.

And llamalor2112, you might be right about the numbers- we probably do have more pickers here. Just not the kind of folks I want to play with, so I'm guessing it probably feels like living in Granite Falls.;) As I like to say when people ask, I live in Lynden but I'm not from here...

...Seattle Bass Hoe-Down, I like it- hopefully, we can make it happen some day? Since it appears that I qualify under the new club terms, count me in!

12. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    I'm in.:D

13. bburk

bburk

Jul 24, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Sure, I'm in... Hey guys, West Seattle here.

14. Okay, I'll bite.
    Live on the Eastside, but gig in Seattle, too, at Tula's Jazz Club. Been around here for about 22 years. I guess I qualify. Gimme a number. ;)

15. Wooooo Hoooooo!
    new members!!!!!!!:hyper:

#5 llamalor2112
    #6 RobJ
    #7 KeithPas
    #8 TeleTubby
    #9 dannster
    #10 bburk
    #11 gottawalk

now for an acceptance test
    hmmm what shall it be??? :p

16. Hey thanks King, good to know you guys. This could be fun. :)

17. could be...
    it WILL be!:smug:

18. Lobaw

Lobaw

May 14, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Count me in. Hailing from Newcastle these days. I'm a transplant from San Francisco/Oakland, but coming up on 5 years here.

Glad to meet you all.

19. olympia, washington here.
    :bassist::bag:

20. 2 new members

#12 Lobaw
    #13 idResponse

w00t