Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Senioritis

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MaskedJackal, Feb 15, 2006.

1. I'm a good student- A minus average, been accepted to 5 schools so far for college, good rep with both students and teachers (despite my long hair, unshaven-ness and metal shirts)....

But I feel really unmotivated. I get work done, but I laze around and usually get to bet at midnight. It's killing my energy.

Also, my school is very small- 100 kids grades 6-12. My senior class is 4 people. I only consistently like/get along with one of them. My friends in school are cool, but are flakes otherwise. My friends outside of school are dependable, laid back and fun, but are way into drugs.

I'm so damn confused right now, and my school's production of "Dracula"- with yours truly in the lead- starts tonight.

Any wise words? I apologize for the rant.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dude, I'm sitting here eating a hamburger as I went to your website. As your website loads, the first thing I hear is Jules saying "MMMmmm, this IS a tasty burger".

WEIRD!!

-Mike

3. AHAH! Thanks man. Do you like the 'Boomstick? Not really anything complex or indicative of my playing style, but it's a fun little project.

4. I listened to the instrumental one. It was cool, but the bass was waay too distorted, and not loud enough. I liked it, though.

5. The drummer/programmer buddy I do DBB with totally screwed it over when he added a second, identical, louder drum track layer. And I like the distortion- I was going for a prog-punk feel or something. NEW VERSION WILL BE UP SOON- with BETTER MIXING.

Glad ya dug it.

6. I too have lost the drive to be productive in school. I've already been accepted to the college I want to go to and already have everything worked out with housing and the such. Seems like the rest of the year is more of formality.

The bad news is that most of my classes are either AP or college classes over at the community college, so I really need to break these bad habits.

7. Earthday

Earthday

Sep 22, 2005
    New Hampshire
    It happens, and its real. In fact, in my school it has recently become "cool" to have "senioritis"

Just do enough to get by, and have some fun.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    4 kids in your class? what the hell?

9. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    As long as you don't get rejected from college on the basis of poor senior year grades, it doesn't matter. I did fairly well in the first marking period of senior year, but it was all downhill from there. I even got my first F ever: I forgot to take my Vietnam final as I was busy with an extended 4/5 day weekend (post-senior ball party at a friend's beach house). I've gotten all A's thus far in college, so I don't think "they" care.

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    well, the good thing about me not slacking my senior year was that i walked into UF with an entire year's worth of classes under my belt. (through AP, so i actually knew the material at some point, which some who go through dual enrollment can't quite say. :smug: )

but it's part of my personality that i must keep myself occupied by school, if not challenged.

11. The last 2 months my senior year were 75-90, low humidity and sunny. This in a town known for going whole winters without sunlight. By a week into May, so many people were skipping class that we had been setting up a volleyball net in the quad, and had multiple instances of croquet playing.

This is the same senior class that overloaded our automated attendance system on senior skip day, and also had 8 kids arrested trying to put a GIANT "04" on top of the auditorium.

Long live senioritis.

13. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

oh-fo' fo' sho'. :cool:

14. yeah senioritis is a bad thing. I was about a 3.2 gpa student from early elementary through junior year...senior year i finished with i think a 2.1 gpa...i had the bare minimum of credits needed to graduate...but then again i also had a blast of a senior year

15. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Make it your routine to take out the schoolbooks at certain hour.

I feel unmotivated a lot, but usually as long as I can get myself to grab the books from the backpack and spread them out, I can get the work done.

16. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    ooooh man do I know what youre talking about right now. My senior class is a little bigger (750), and its all kids who strive to get 95 and above avgs, so their slacking just makes school feel like a completely alien place. Id cut more often but the principal said he wouldnt let us do the big musical (yours truly is band director) if he saw we were cutting a bunch. I just played for our open house tonight... 3 sets for what looks like 1,000 freshmen or something... he better let me cut some class :oops:

17. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Go with it. If you're into college, effin' slack. I worked by butt off from junior year until I got accepted to "the finest research institution in the world." Now, all I do is school work. Enjoy the free time.