Setting effects for certain frequencies

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by unatratnag, Jan 19, 2006.

1. This is just a thought. But is there anything out there that lets you control which frequencies you put an effect on.

Example is lets say for example u play a 7 string with low B. You want your distortion to be real heavy on the C and F strings but as light as possible on the B or E to not be distorted (or a light grit maybe). I guess it'd be difficult with all the overtones but it seems plausible to me.

Never tried a guitar distortion but didn't know if those were set for specific frequencies etc etc. Most I can get is a decent distortion on low notes, but not a heavy distortion when playing high notes. anyone try this or know of a tool that would control a similar thing for other effects too?
  2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    There was a thread started about a month or two ago talking about this. I'll try to find it, but if you search you can probably find it. I think there's a certain pedal that you can buy. :)
  3. IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    Couldn't you just split your signal, use some kinda crossover, go through the fx, then mix all the signals back together.

I'd love to see this done :eek:
  4. IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    If you mean the paralooper link, moosapotamus moved it Here

No, I'm more of a theory guy on crossovers and such (for now)
  5. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I was wondering about this too...

Here's what I was thinking:

Take a compression pedal (i.e. Digitech Bass Squeeze) with separate high/low band settings; and then rewire it, and probably add an input or two--using it as a kind of effects loop with separate high/low loops.

Would this work at all?
  6. it would work - provided you have the information (schematic) and the skills (soldering) to do the job. The best results would not be obtained by simply rewiring it - chances are you would need to modify the circuit, perhaps adding buffer amps and other electronics before it worked satisfactorily.