Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

setup on a Guild B30

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by supeRad, May 26, 2005.

1. supeRad

supeRad

Nov 23, 2004
    so my dad tells me of a guitar someone he knows is selling, says its an acoustic bass by a "Guild" brand he doesnt know of (..my eyes proceed to widen)... so theyre good friends and i now a proud Guild B30 owner.. there are a couple of nicks, but over all in great condition.

on to my question, the setup is horrid. total fret buzz and the strings seem to have no life, tuned it standard and still i get the buzz, and the strings seems to fit the bass loose. that being said, this is my first acoustic instrument that i own, and am not sure how to set this bad boy up properly. so my questions: what are some good resources to look into for setup on the bass? what are some good acoustic bass strings (seeing as i have no experience in this case)? and anything else you feel i should know.

alls i can say is that this was a blessing in disguise seeing as i liquidated my bass rig, leaving me with only my EB Stringray and now this Guild B30.. so now i can play the Guild with no amp and stare at my Stingray on its stand pretending im plugged in.

after some feedback here, im fixing to head to a local guitar shop where the owner is pretty damn nice and see what he thinks as well.

thanks in advance