1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Seymour Duncan SPB-3 soundsamples

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jamersonburton, Mar 16, 2013.

1. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    hey everyone, I just recorded some quick soundsamples of Seymour Duncan Spb-3 Quarter Pound for Pbass pickup.
    I'm running a matt freeman squier pbass with the Spb-3's into Line 6 Podfarm via a Line 6 Pod UX1. Recorded with Riffworks T4.
    All these samples are DI. The strings are about 2.5/3-week-old D'addario Chrome's 45-100.

Enjoy :bassist: 1 riff on the lower strings, 1 riff on the higher strings for each number.

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/16961828/Seymour_Duncan_Spb_3_samples

1)Tone 100%, finger
    2)Tone 50%, finger
    3)Tone 0%, finger
    4)Tone 100%, pick
    5)Tone 50%, pick
    6)Tone 0%, pick
    7)Tone 100%, Slap/pop
    8)Tone 50%, Slap/pop
    9)Tone 0%, Slap/pop

I have had these pickups in my bass since last year mid August... Still unsure if i prefer them to the originals, but to each their own.

2. Thanks for posting these. I bought a Squier Dirnt for my son and was wondering about the 1/4lb, but was surprised and pleased with the stock. I think I'll keep it standard and say thanks again for illuminating.

3. Bozmonaut777

Bozmonaut777

Mar 10, 2013
    great music how much is SBP-3?

4. Bozmonaut777

Bozmonaut777

Mar 10, 2013
    in the end i just like you music im hardly thinking of pickups or anything like that

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'm thinking it sounds exactly like an SPB-3 in a Precision ;)