Sharing bands of this genre

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gab124, Mar 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gab124

Gab124 The path is greater than the destination

Dec 30, 2006
    Tulsa
    First of all, I really don't know what to call this genre, for lack of a better description I refer to it as Swamp Rock - and it certainly has blues and classic rock vibes. Anyway, I have been enjoying both of the bands in the examples below, and love to hear of other bands with the same vibe or just thoughts in general of them. The bassists are good, but I enjoy the music in its complete form. I have seen both live in Tulsa when they were early in their careers and both seem to be taking off pretty well, with the The Delta Saints making a big hit in Europe it seems.

The Delta Saints - Audio Tree live

The Revivalists - Audio Tree Live

Anyway, it won't be everyones cup of tea, but I have been enjoying them.

gab

Stumbo likes this.
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Check out some deep cuts from Creedence Clearwater.

3. Gab124

Dec 30, 2006
    Tulsa

Listening now, a staple band through the years for sure.

Stumbo likes this.
  4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Who the heck is actually in the Delta Saints? I checked out some videos and every one had a different band lineup :confused:

Basically what those two bands are doing is a typical Southern US rocked-up collision of blues, soul and country. You should check out some 60s-70s southern soul (O.V. Wright, Z.Z. Hill, James Carr), also Delbert McClinton and Johnny Nicholas.

You might want to read up on Swamp pop.

Stumbo likes this.
  5. Gab124

Dec 30, 2006
    Tulsa
    The three main members are the Bass, lead guitar and singer. The drummer has changed, and they replaced harmonica with keys. They are pretty stable in their current lineup.
    I have played lots of Delbert McClinton over the years and recognize some of the other names you mentioned, will check out.

6. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Here are a few bands to check out in the swamp rock/blues category.

Omar & The Howlers

The Rainmakers

The Radiators

Stumbo likes this.