Shining Star Transcription Which Bass Player mag?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Andrew Jones, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass

I just got a audition on monday. For lack of time i'm looking for a trancription instead of duing it my self.

Bass Player magazine a few years back had a Trancription of EW+F's Shining Star. Which one was it?

2. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I've played that one before, it's been a while and I don't have the album anymore so there might be a few inaccuracies, this is how I played it (although I threw in some variations). It seems to work-

For the basic gist of it-

Intro is just E-13 chord tones hitting the high G (?) at the end

Verse - Open E with the D and E two octaves above alternating for the 1, 2, 3rd mesure of the phrase, with the lick sliding to the 2nd octave E going up to G, open D, F# (10th above open D), open D, E (9th above open D), D (one octave above open D), E (9th above open D). Be sure to have the lower open E string part through the whole verse.

Chorus - Based on roots with thirds on the top. Starts with low A, F# (10th of D), D, B (tenth of G), E (tenth of C), D# (tenth of B), back to A
    Instead of the C and B chord, there is also a variation of ascending chords upto the A

Interlude - open E, G, A, G, B, G - all in same octave
  3. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    This is a lead chart I made up for the tune for a previous band. I say, learn it my ear!

Attached Files: