Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Shining Star Transcription Which Bass Player mag?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Andrew Jones, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Hi

I just got a audition on monday. For lack of time i'm looking for a trancription instead of duing it my self.

Bass Player magazine a few years back had a Trancription of EW+F's Shining Star. Which one was it?

Aj

2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I've played that one before, it's been a while and I don't have the album anymore so there might be a few inaccuracies, this is how I played it (although I threw in some variations). It seems to work-

For the basic gist of it-

Intro is just E-13 chord tones hitting the high G (?) at the end

Verse - Open E with the D and E two octaves above alternating for the 1, 2, 3rd mesure of the phrase, with the lick sliding to the 2nd octave E going up to G, open D, F# (10th above open D), open D, E (9th above open D), D (one octave above open D), E (9th above open D). Be sure to have the lower open E string part through the whole verse.

Chorus - Based on roots with thirds on the top. Starts with low A, F# (10th of D), D, B (tenth of G), E (tenth of C), D# (tenth of B), back to A
    Instead of the C and B chord, there is also a variation of ascending chords upto the A

Interlude - open E, G, A, G, B, G - all in same octave

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    This is a lead chart I made up for the tune for a previous band. I say, learn it my ear!

Attached Files: