1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shipping an Ampeg Baby Bass

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by Rangelife, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Rangelife

Rangelife

Feb 11, 2013
    I'd like advice about shipping an Ampeg Baby Bass. I absolutely do not want to check this, so what is the best way to ship? I know the neck bolts off, but is this as easy as it sounds? And is reassembly just as easy? I've heard of upright players buying a plane ticket for their bass in the past, but I'm not sure that is possible. I also don't know if I can drop that much cash unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks, I appreciate any advice. And if I've missed this in a previous post, please let me know. I spent some time sifting through the site this morning, but may have missed this info.

2. audiorep2

audiorep2 Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    The neck comes off quite easily. You need a small screwdriver, and small hammer. Put the screwdriver against the pin, and tap it with hammer. The pin is in there firmly, but will come out. When taking pin out , tap from the treble side.
    Also have the proper Allen key for neck angle adjustment, if needed.

3. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I've shipped several Baby Basses, and the best way is to take the neck off. It is very easy to take apart and re-assemble. Make sure that the metal discs over the pickups don't fall out. Some painters tape can hold them in securely.

You can unbolt the tailpeice and leave the strings on the tuners if you want.

4. Rangelife

Rangelife

Feb 11, 2013
    Thank you audiorep2 and NickyBass. This is exactly what I was looking for!