Shop to do Setup in SW Florida

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by nicalicious, Jun 9, 2021.

1. nicalicious

nicalicious

Mar 2, 2014
    After years on an electric and the last few on a fretless, I purchased a used upright with the idea of learning it. This particular instrument has steel strings and a high action. I live in the Fort Myers, FL area and would like to know of anyone in this area who can work on this bass. Thanks in advance.
    Nic

2. AgostoMortal

AgostoMortal Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Miami, South Florida
    Go see Ben Joella in Boca

3. BobKay

BobKay Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Estero, Florida; USA
    I live in Fort Myers, and have not been able to find anyone here. I take my basses to Tampa Violin Shop. Great bass luthier named Francesco.

4. nicalicious

nicalicious

Mar 2, 2014
    Would rather find someone here on the west coast than 2.5 hours away. Thanks again. I believe there are a few shops in Sarasota, which is much closer.

5. BobKay

BobKay Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Estero, Florida; USA
    Tampa Violin Shop has a store in Sarasota. Last time I used them, I took my basses to the Tampa location, but picked it up from the Sarasota store.

6. nicalicious

nicalicious

Mar 2, 2014
    Thank you. I will contact them.

7. nicalicious

nicalicious

Mar 2, 2014
    I found someone in North Fort Myers who will pick up the bass. I will pass on his name when he's done with the work.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021