Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

should i keep it? or add it?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johans, Jul 15, 2005.

1. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    guys .. currently here's my setting in drawing..

[​IMG]

im just wondering, for signal out, should i just use the direct out from my svt4, or should i get a direct box to be placed with my pedals together? i was thinking to get sansamp bddi (i had it once), but i already some odb-3 thus i don't know if i need bddi.

what do you guys think? should i keep my current setup? should i replace odb-3 with bddi, or should i add bddi to my setup? :D

2. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    well i think that the bddi would be more versatile than the obd-3 but im not sure it can get to the same high gain nastiness that the odb-3 can. of course there is no harm in having both pedals in the same chain. a lot of people here have many multiples of overdrives and distortions.

3. you can NEVER have too many overdrives...I own a very select batch of 6, and 4-5 are on my board at any given time...they all have different, unique flavors that i love them for...sometimes you want that mild, warm, compressed tone, and sometimes u wanna play RHCP "Around the World" (good example of a boss odb-3 sounding great)

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, if you want to use a high quality DI, but one and put it in your chain. However, if you replace the ODB-3 with the Sansamp in that order, the FOH mix won't have reverb or chorus.

Just something to ponder.

5. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    either that :D

or what if i got another Voodoo Sparkle Drive :D

6. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    so its better to have DI .. at the last of the chain right? right before the output to the amp

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you want all your effects going to the PA. If not, whatever comes after the DI in the chain will not be heard in the FOH mix.

8. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    how did you do your settings? i think its better to have it all send to foh right? no? :D just a thought

9. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    as of now i had the xlr send out from my svt4 line out, so will all the effects be heard in FOH?