Should I sell my fridge for $500?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mantis Tobaggan, Feb 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mantis Tobaggan

Mantis Tobaggan Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    So I have this fridge that's about 18 months old. Great shape, some slight tolex wear but nothing bad. I don't have a vehicle to transport it in. I bought it new for about $900. Gigged with it about 10 times.

I bought two used 410 HEs that work great and I can fit them in my car. I spent about $700 total for those.

I put my fridge on craigslist and decided $600 is probably the best deal I will get. I figure anything more and a buyer may as well get a new one.

I got an offer for $500. I think that is all they have. It has been up for three days. Not sure if I should sell it at this point. Also I am moving in two weeks. I got the offer yesterday and countered with $550. They said they would get back to me.

2. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    Sell it.

bassdude51, blindrabbit and deathness like this.
  3. MJ_Sotti

MJ_Sotti formerly "Mike in Chicago"

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago
    I got 7 for mine on reverb...it was perfect. Try there or CL. Everyone is a bunch of cheapskates out there now (cough/here/cough)...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Mantis Tobaggan likes this.
  4. Mantis Tobaggan

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    Sold it for $500. Kind of low but I kinda had to move it. Great cab, just couldn't transport it.

blindrabbit likes this.
  5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Now that it’s gone don’t you feel much better? :D

6. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Aug 7, 2008
    I've been in similar situations where I've sold gear off at lower prices because of circumstances. It's easier to get something out of it, forget about it, and move on.

7. Ben B

Ben B

Jul 13, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    On SoCal Craigslist, I often see them listed for around $500. But they are usually older and have some dings. It's probably reasonable to ask $600-700 for a fairly new fridge in excellent condition.

8. Mantis Tobaggan

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    If i wan't moving in a couple weeks, i would have held out but i kinda had to sell it. And yeah it is kind of nice unloading something that was becoming kind of a hassle. My 2 410 HEs are pretty awesome but that 810 had a great tone. Ah well ...

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022