1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show your Peaey Millennium Plus 5's!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Mar 14, 2008.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I've got a deal going for a peavey Millennium Plus 5, and it should be mine in a few weeks.

Mine will look like this:

Millenium5002.

What does yours look like??

2. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I think this one is beautiful!

IMG_0533-1.
    IMG_0534-1.
    IMG_0535.
    IMG_0536.
    IMG_0537.

3. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    68b9_1.
    4e70_1.
    856b_1. 86ab_1.

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Here is my old Millennium V. I think CB56 has it now.:D

5. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Here's mine.

Basses002.

6. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I've seen that one and it's gorgeous!! I'd rather have sunburst and pao ferro like that one, but the blue and pao ferro will be nice as well. When I bought my Plus 4 I was $150 short of buying a Plus five with a tiger-eye finish with a birdseye maple fretboard and matching headstock.

7. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Hey congrats!!! that blue looks really nice!!!!

8. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    That has got to be the most awsome looking one yet.
    I'd love to see a red one like that with the flamed top matching headstock and birdseye maple board.
    IMG_0533-1.
    You all know there is already a USA Millennium thread right?
    Oh well, I'll play along.....
    The black one on the left is the one Dr. Cheese is talking about. It's a standard not a plus. But it is my favorite of the two.
    2Mil5b.

9. What is the string spacing on those?

10. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    The string spacing is adjustable at the saddle. I'm guessing anywhere from 17mm-19mm. I've got mine set kind in the middle.
    mil5bridge.

11. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Thanks, Doug! I'm really excited about it! I've heard that the B is great - almost like a Lakland B. I won't own a 5-string bass unless the B is great - what's the point? I really like the way that my 4-string version sounded but I'm looking forward to having an MM pickup in the bridge position. I usually stuck to the neck pup on the 4-string, but with the fiver I'll have the two options or a true blend of the two.

12. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I've heard that the string spacing is 17.5 (which is fine by me) and I assume that's when the strings are centered. These basses have Hipshot "Quadrajust" bridges. You can adjust forward and back, and have two adjustments for string height like on a normal bridge. In addition to this, the part of the saddle that the string rests on can be adjusted side to side. If you've got a "17.5 inch" string spacing I would think that the actual distance between the B and E strings isn't as great as the distance between the D and the G strings because of string thickness. With this bridge you can literally customize your string spacing and make all of the strings exactly the same distance apart.

13. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Anyone else?

14. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Well, I'm not too sure about the Mill 5 but that is my backyard.

Riis

15. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    It used to be yours - I'm buying it from dcr.

16. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Never heard of him.

Its a great fiver although the string spacing is a bit tighter than the Cirrus. The stock hardware is all Hipshot...my fav! The original case is in a UPS Salvage Center somewhere in Utah. Its a long story.

Riis

17. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    His name is Doug C. Rood (dcr) and he lives in Arkansas. He said you bought it from him and he bought it back. He's selling it to me for $500 shipped and I've almost got the cash together.

I'm really looking forward to playing it! I just sold my Millennium Plus 4 since I realized I should have bought the Plus5.

18. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    This is actually a picture taken your "for sale/trade" thread on this bass from a while ago. The picture looked a bit washed out (I'm sure it was sunny outside) so I adjusted the overall color on my computer.

19. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I deny everything and everybody...including Doug! Wonder if he got smacked by the bad weather? He lives SW of Little Rock. For the record, he was the 3rd person notified when I had my MI back in February. Believe me, that Mill 5 is in pristine condition or it was the last time I saw it. Doug babies all his gear! Post a follow-up when she arrives.

Riis

20. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I will! I've been looking around at other basses, wondering if I could get something else as good for the same amount - NOPE! This is an incredible bass for the money! Doug's being really good to me. :bassist: