Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show your Schroeder cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xb100, Jul 21, 2005.

1. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I just got a craving for schroeder cabs and I imagine there are a crap load of pics in the big schroeder thread, but that would take me awhile to see all of em.

So insted post em here.

If this thread does flop, then the mods can delete it.

2. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I just got my 410 :D I'll borrow a camera tonight and get some pics up..

3. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
  4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Mine is one of the original designs.

The tweeter is in the middle of the side that has the angled baffle instead of in the top corner.

5. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Here they are, they are not all mine, I have to give one back. But which one???? :D From the top 1212, 21012, 1210.

Attached Files:

6. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Ohh, nice. That's quite a sexy rig. Who are you lending one from? Oh, and btw, did you compare the low end of the 1212 to the 21012 at all? *Goes to check Schroe mega thread*

Cheers.

7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    [​IMG]

The top Avatar cab is just there as a placeholder. It's not even plugged in.

8. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    If a mod wants to could ya make this thread a sticky???

Just a suggestion :cool:

9. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    Sweet rig! That would sound awesome.

10. [​IMG]

My 1210/Ultra/MTD rig.

11. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    VERY nice!

12. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Actually, I will be able to make a fair comparison today in the studio. But so far, the lows of the 21012 are much richer and dynamic. Jorg describes it as having the lows of an 18, he is not kidding. Even at high volumes the lows do not break up, they are smooth and rich. The lows n the 1212 are alot more focused, they seem to stay within a certain range. The low and low-mid range are very pronounced on this cab. It is chest thumping and cuts like a knife. The 21012 is more balanced with the 10" speakers giving you nice mids. They are both very different animals. And both of them together, forget it. I thought all the pictures on my walls were going to fall off. :D

I will post more on how the cabs behave in a live setting, Sean.

13. Washishimi

Washishimi Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    My 410 is on the Schroeder home page :bassist:

14. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Not the best picture, but an amazing sounding rig. :hyper:

[​IMG]

15. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Haha, fair enough. I'm thinking of what I should add to the 410 just for fun.. As much as i'd love to add a 21012, it'd kinda defeat the purpose of getting a smaller cab for practices... :p

16. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Woop!!

Feast your eyes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope that's enough, I have more though :p

17. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I think it would be overkill as well. Either cab would compliment the 410 cab well. The 1210 to me is more balanced and the midrange is easier to dial in. The 1212 is deep and meaty, the lows and low midrange is very pronounced. The 1212 can be made to sound like the 1210, but only as a stand alone with some proper eq. This something to consider. When I paired the 1212 with my 21012, the sound was too rich, each cab needs its own eq settings and this is not possible with the head that I am using. However, the 1210 paired with thw 21012 is closer in balance and they are easily eq'd together. I not sure if I am making any sense here? Anyway, I like all of these cabs as they are so different and would give me all the flexibility I could ever want.

18. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Congrats, Pop!

Did you gig with it yet?

If so, what's your impressions?