1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shure PSM400 IEM 722-746mhz still usable?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Oldtimer, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Supporting Member

May 4, 2002
    New Mexico
    I am just wondering if people are still using these now that these frequencies have been sold. I'm thinking that the limited range of these IEMs would probably not interfere with anyone else using these frequencies. Just curious. I am still really unhappy that my system became illegal to use in this country as of a certain date. Anybody saying "Screw it! I'm using em till somebody says not to."?

2. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
    As you already understand, the transmit and receive capabilities of the professional music industry systems are really just not strong enough to cause an issue. I feel the issue would be more for you than "them". And if it's frequencies are stepped on, you figure something else out for the gig as you would for any situation. Or heaven forbid our 700 Mhz gear is slowing any Verizon customer's smart phone down from 4G to barely 3G...bite me! You'll get it back when you leave the club or until I get finished playing.

Why they chose to not let us use them is beyond me. Stop making them...sure. Make us stop using them? NOT ON MY 4th OF JULY!! Kidding...kind of. I had some 700 Mhz gear before the ban that was top shelf. And it still performs fine. It's on for a max of 3 hours about 6 times a month in 6 different cities.

I'm in your camp. When they outlaw the 700 Mhz band for rock and rollers....then only the rock and rollers will be outlaws. (Squint...remove the cigar....spit on a mangy dog...ride into sunset leaving the hot chick behind....and fade).

3. Barisaxman

Barisaxman Gold Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    My lead guitar and rhtym guit/lead singer both use PSM400 systems in the "illegal" range. I guarantee the fact that those frequency ranges were sold didn't influence those outside of the major touring/production industry to discontinue using the gear they spent their hard-earned cash on.

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Supporting Member

May 4, 2002
    New Mexico
    Thanks guys! That's what I thought was happening.