1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

simple to use multi effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dcm_bass, Mar 17, 2009.

1. dcm_bass

dcm_bass

Jun 4, 2008
    birmingham uk
    does any one know off any they could recomend something like a boss me50b i tryed one about just over a yr ago and it was relly good but theve been discontinued now so has any 1 got any ideas ?

luke

2. PBass101

PBass101

Jul 3, 2008
    Illinois
    Please limit your use of AIM-grammar to instant messages and texts.

Line 6 has several Bass multi-effects which get decent reviews. Rocktron has a programmable Bass preamp, I think the "Blue Thunder", which has multi-effects. I use an older Digitech valve guitar box which sounds great with my bass and amplifier.

3. To my mind, simple = inflexible. If the stock programs suit you perfectly, all is good.

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    You're right, the rocktron bass preamp is called the blue thunder. rocktron also designed a floor multi-effects processor called the utopia b100.

5. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Looking through the manuals online, I wouldn't call the Line6 offering simple to program compared to others.

My zoom B9.1ut is a lot simpler to program, but is still very flexible.

I think the simplest to use large multi I've tried is the Korg AX3000B. Dead easy to use interface and great sounds. Very good price too.

6. jblock

jblock Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    CT
    The Line 6 M13 is pretty straightforward. No menus, just the knobs.

7. EskimoBassist

EskimoBassist

Nov 2, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    Why not get an ME-50B on eBay? Or better yet off the forums here, practically brand new but for a fraction of the price!

If you want something slightly more powerful I would totally recommend the Korg AX3000B. I've had to buy 14 seperate pedals to replace it, and if they broek, I would just stick with my good ol' Multi!

8. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    +1. there are also the boss ME-20B, GT6B and GT10B by boss that are pretty good [varying levels of complexity], and you can probably find a used one within your budget. i can't speak for the other brands since I've never tried them but the boss ones do just fine especially if you want to learn how to use effects.

if you catch the effects bug you will start buying individual pedals...but save that for the future until you know how to use them well/what you like

9. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Is the ME-50B discontinued??? :confused:

10. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006
    Really that sucks, I loved mine till it got stolen.

I;ve got a zoom b2.1u and it sucks hard, the drums are noce but the programming is terrible.
    the line 6 bass xt live seems decent

11. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    If it is, I guess now is the time to buy 'cause all the online retailers and local music shops have 'em in stock.

PS. How is the sound quality of the effects on the Korg AX3000B in relation to the Boss me-50b?

12. digitech bp250- I use one all the time. Some of the presets are pretty good, and it's the easiest multi-effect I've tried to program. I've used it for effects, and as a pre-amp or a high tech direct box. Right now, I mostly use the expression pedal as a mute that is conspicuously missing from my Markbass head. ;)

13. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I own a korg ax3000b and I can honestly say that the sound quality is phenomenal. compared to the boss me-50b, the korg ax3000b has more variety of effects. great sounding distortions, awesome sounding amp and cab models, the modulations on this pedalboard is very lushful, and the synth effect does sound more advance than the me-50b especially because you can combine it with distortion which enhances the synth sound. also, the size of the ax3000b is a little smaller than the boss gt-6b.

14. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    Just what I wanted to know! Thanks a million! :D

15. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Buy used. Sorted.

16. If the ME-50B is discontiuned, I would imagine that would mean that BOSS will be putting out a replacement pretty soon. They just came out with the ME-70 for guitar, which has a bunch more stuff than the ME-50, so hopefully they'll do a bass version that's as good as the ME-50.

17. ME-70B should be available sometime soon I think.

18. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Anytime, dude.:)

19. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    That's not true. the me-50b is still around. if you visit websites like sweetwater, musician's friend, and music123, they have the boss me-50b in stock.

20. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    ME-50B's ARE NOT discontinued. I highly suggest this unit for multi-FX. There is no Me-70B.....yet...?