1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

SOLD SKB Flight Case -- Waterproof, Wheeled, TSA Locks

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by theShrink, May 3, 2019.

1. theShrink

theShrink

Apr 1, 2019
    Salinas, CA
    Price:
    $200
    This case is awesome; I only needed to use it one time for flying a full scale bass and now mostly only play short scales.

It is so durable it is even waterproof. Heavy duty, but with wheels and a handle to pull it to make getting it through the airport or down the street to your gig easier. Lots less stress knowing it is fully secured down under the plane; no need to bring it through security or risk having a flight attendant tell you it won't fit in the cabin. It can take some serious challenges with the bass securely held in place, resistant to any bumps or drops, and can even mitigate pressure change. It would work well for a touring bassist worried your bandmates would pile too much junk on top of your bass. TSA-friendly locks and I still have two keys. This case will fit almost any size or shape of bass in the open cavity; I transported a 5 string Warwick.

The ideal buyer is in CA.
    There are places I could deliver if we work out a plan in advance:
    -within the state: SF, LA, and San Diego
    -Out of state: FL (Orlando area, Del Rey, Boca)
    -D.C.
    -Idaho (Boise area)

Shipping: I do have the original box it came in and I could technically ship it; buyer would have to cover shipping cost.

Interesting trades?

View attachment 3529993
    View attachment 3529988
    View attachment 3529989
    View attachment 3529990 View attachment 3529991 View attachment 3529992

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    astrah and Mpacificar like this.
  2. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    I actually have one of these. These are AWESOME! Used it to transport my Spector to Iraq when I deployed there. GLWTS to whomever gets it, your bass will be very well protected.

Fred312b, Mpacificar and theShrink like this.
  3. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    pics not working anymore

4. Matt R

Matt R Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Newbury Park, Ca.
    I have one of these and love it. GLWTS

5. theShrink

theShrink

Apr 1, 2019
    Salinas, CA
    I’ll get some new ones up soon! In the mean time, you could look up the model number on Amazon to see full description and pics: 3i-5014-OP

Burwabit likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 20, 2021