Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

slap attempt

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by pvriesinga, Apr 12, 2004.

1. pvriesinga

pvriesinga

Jul 15, 2003
    Sarnia Ontario
    Hey,
    I am not much of a slapper but i would like to see where i stand. The quality is poor due to computer recording. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks Phil

Right click and hit 'Save Target As...' and save it

http://kaveman.150m.com/PhilMusic/slapsolo.zip

2. "We have detected a hotlinking error. Hotlinking is when you link to images or NON html files on 150m.com from another host. Hotlinking is not allowed for our FREE Accounts. Hotlinking is allowed for our paid accounts. Your account can be upgraded in the user section when you have logged in."

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    It's Slaptastic :D

Fix the link and it will be critique city.

4. pvriesinga

pvriesinga

Jul 15, 2003
    Sarnia Ontario
    right click the URL and click 'save target as...'
    Sorry for the inconvenience

Phil Vriesinga

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Kind of repetitive, also I would call that a groove and probably would should ten times better with drums.

Pretty good, if you developed what you have already and add variety to the piece and fill in some of the spaces you will probably have a very nice groovy solo.

6. In Flames

In Flames

Dec 11, 2003
    Ohio
    Not bad...I am working on my slap technique too

7. sounds good!

just remember, timing is everything, but as far as technique goes, it sounds good!

keep it up,
    Charlie

8. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Wouldn't be a bad idea to play with a metrenome. Also, that is pretty damn repetitive, it would be a lot better if you mixed it up. You sound like you have the technique down though, so all that is left is... PRACTICE!

Keep on rockin'...