Slim C neck Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rusty2867, Dec 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Rusty2867

Rusty2867

Jan 12, 2014
    De Soto,Ks
    So looking at P-bass necks on Fenders website and the USA Precision neck says slim modern c profile that's on the rosewood fb.On the maple one it says the same thing,so is this the slim c neck that they use on the American Special and on the Nitro Series Honeyburst P-bass that guitar center sells?

2. organworthyplayer337

organworthyplayer337 Professional Hack

Oct 28, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    The American replacement necks are the same as the American standard I believe so they have graphite reinforced rods and a satin finish on the back. Whereas, the American Special P (Honeyburst) has neither. I've owned a Honeyburst P and they have a gloss finish on the back of the neck. I think they have the same neck shape though. Both the American Standard replacement neck and the american

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  3. organworthyplayer337

organworthyplayer337 Professional Hack

Oct 28, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I think both the American replacement neck and the American special neck have the same shape

4. Tbone76

Tbone76

Aug 24, 2013
    Upstate, NY
    The American Special series basses have the Slim-C profile, posiflex grahite support rods, and MIM hardware. The Nitro Honeyburst model is an American Special bass without the Greasebucket tone control. The back of the headstock on the satin Honeyburst model is even stamped "American Special", same as the normal American Special basses.
    Here's a pic of the back of my current Honey P headstock:
    image.jpg
    Someone did post the spec sheet from Fender for the Honeyburst P, and it shows that it has the geaphite support rods. It's on the Honeyburst thread, around the 2nd to last page. In addition, when Fender posted the specs for the American Special series basses prior to them being discontinued, they made special note that the neck has the graphite suport rods. In addition, the 2 I've owned both had satin neck finishes, not gloss. Also, the Slim-C profile feels flatter across the back when compared to the Modern-C found on the American Standard line. It's my favorite profile, and feels somwhere between the ultra-slim Ibanez SR-type profile and the Modern-C Fender profile. Hope this helps.

colicchio likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021